Sunday, June 28, 2009

Twelve

Twelve years. What a ride it has been so far! To celebrate Jeff and I went to Heber on Saturday. Once there we went to Granny's to get ice cream and fries. (My flavor- chocolate peanut butter, Jeff''s- cherry cheesecake.) Then we headed off to the train depot to ride the Comedy Murder Mystery Express. We witnessed a murder (or four) and tried to solve the mystery of whoodunnit, all while aboard a train. We also enjoyed a good dutch oven dinner as part of the excursion. It was a fun time except for the swarms of mosquitoes that showed up around dinner time. Jeff and I were eaten alive and I really would have appreciated a warning to wear some insect repellent. (So if I die of West Nile Virus you'll know where I got it from :). It was a great time overall with some beautiful scenery along the way. Something unique and not your typical dinner and a movie date. Happy Anniversary Jeff- I love you and look forward to the rest of eternity with you!
* The murders of four staffers from Serv U More hopsital were committed by "Sparky", the overzealous fitness guru, in case you were wondering.

6 comments:

Klin said...

Congrats to You and Jeff!!!!

That train ride sounds fun.

random buttercup said...

Wow. Can't believe it's been over 12 years since that Spring Break visit oh-so-many years ago! So glad you had a great celebration - and great 12 years.

Holly said...

I got engaged in Heber--I love that little town! Sounds like a fun train ride. I'll have to try it if we're ever in Utah at the right time.

Just Us said...

First of all, that sounds like so much fun! I have never even heard of such a thing. I am definitely going to do that sometime. Second of all, happy belated birthday!

Kar said...

Twelve years? Holy moly!!! Wow, I just realized that you got married younger than I did. Same age, but Ben and I have been married 8 years. It took us awhile to find each other. :) A murder mystery train - I would have loved that so much! I've heard about that! What a great anniversary! I need to do something fun and creative for our anniversary next year...

Nat said...

What a fun anniversary celebration! I always forget that you guys celebrated your 5th the year we got married.