Sunday, May 25, 2008

Growing Up

Ethan is turning 8 this week. As we reach this big milestone I am left wondering where the time went. I am missing his sweet smile full of teeth, his clawkwie and pfuffie (that's the blankey and pacifier for all of you who don't remember), and his addition of kiki salt (parmesan cheese) to almost anything. But I am loving the independent boy he has grown into. He is a master Lego builder, great big brother, super second grader, and his imagination brings me back to the essence of what it is to be a kid. What will the future hold? I don't know. But I'm enjoying the cuddles and kisses while they last- because all too soon he will be all grown up, and I'm not quite ready for that yet. :)
Ethan and his friend Sabrina Harris in July of 2002 with their Woody dolls.


Sabrina and Ethan almost 6 years later. They are both turning 8 this year!

4 comments:

LaurieLyn said...

I can't belive all that has happened in the time between those two pictures! Thank you for being a good poster. I really enjoy reading about your family

Nat said...

Can't believe he's getting baptized so soon! In a few years it will be Jakob's turn. So crazy!

Kar said...

Nat told me about "cloakwee and foofoh" long ago, and that still makes me giggle.

Lana said...

To repeat what you said earlier on my blog.....we have got to hold on to each day right? The days just slip by so fast. That picture is so adorable of him. I can not beleive how much he has grown looking at that picture. What a cutie. love it.