On New Years' Eve we went to go visit my grandparents at their home. The kids loved getting out all the old toys that I played with as a kid there. The pop-oids, Little People, and ball gun still are made of magic I think. Katelyn also discovered the dancing and singing Santa on the table. She would sneak over and push the button. I think it drove my grandpa to turn off his hearing aids, but he was still smiling. After a few hours it was time for grandpa's lunch so we went to good ol' Chuck-A-Rama with them. Jeff commented on not seeing that many older folk in one place in quite a while. (Like maybe the last time we were there at 3:00 in the afternoon?) It is hard to watch my grandparents getting older, but I hope that my children will have some memories of their great-grandparents. Because I think they are the best ever!
7 years ago


3 comments:
That is so funny that your gramps turned off his hearing aids! Hahaha! I loved the toys at my grandparents' house, too. My gramps got rid of them all when grams died, unfortunately.
Good pics of G & G. I miss them. I wish I could go visit and have an early afternoon buffet too!
It is so nice when the kids have great grandparents. We camp with mine every year and I love it. We also spend lots of holidays with them.
Post a Comment