Over the past few weeks Katelyn wants to do everything first. Maybe it is a symptom of being the youngest, but she always wants to be the first in the car, the one to set the table, the one to unlock the door, the first one to go upstairs to get pajamas on, etc. It usually only applies to things that she thinks are fun though.
Last night we were getting out of the car after sharing some ice cream at Arctic Circle for a FHE treat. As the doors to the van open, the older kids run out to get to the front door. K has to wait for me to unbuckle her from her carseat. As she gets out of the car she is screaming through tears, "Wait! I want to be the follower!" She really means the LEADER. But even though I have corrected her several times, she still wants to be the follower. Which means first to her. Ethan and Erin see the humor in this too, and have started singing this song from Peter Pan with a few changes...
Their version goes more like this:
Following the follower, the follower, the follower,
We're following the follower, wherever she may go.
I love being a mom!
7 years ago

3 comments:
I wonder if it's that age. Troy is the same way-not necessarily the leader, but he wants to be right in the action with his brothers.
I love this story. You have great kids.
Miss Kay is too cute. Kids these days come out being independent!
Post a Comment