Lupperloni (Lup-per-lone-ee)
One day just after school started, K and I were in the car going somewhere. She was looking out the window and said, "Lupperloni." I started to ask her some questions, to try and figure out what she was talking about. It came down to purple macaroni and cheese. Okay then. It has since morphed into meaning any kind of food. When I ask her what she wants for dinner, she'll respond with Lupperloni. If there is something we are having and I want her to try it- I'll tell her it's Lupperloni. She will almost always try a bite or two of anything dubbed Lupperloni. So for now it's working... I know the magic will wear off someday, but for now we'll be having Lupperloni every night.
This also reminded me of Erin's imaginary friend, Annalougis, who lived under Erin's bed. Erin was four. Annalougis (Anna- loo- jis) and her dad lived under the bed. We didn't see them much, but apparently they had grand adventures with Erin. Annalougis and her dad have since moved out and into someplace of their own- but it is fun to remember them on occasion.
I love the imagination of little kids. I just wanted to capture the moment so I won't forget. It makes me smile!
7 years ago

3 comments:
I love how your kids make up words for things. Like Ethan with his "cloak-wee" and "foof".
Your kids are hilarious. I'm glad you're writing these things down.
Oh yes I remember Annalougis, I miss her. hehe. I love my neices!!
Post a Comment