Monday, January 31, 2011

Family Fun Night

For a little stress reliever, we decided to have an all-out fun family night. (Dinner AND Bowling)The kids didn't have school because it was Martin Luther King Day. So when dad got home from work we were ready to hit the door. The older kids had gotten Brick Oven certificates from school so we decided to use them. Kicker #1-Upon arrival the wait was 35 minutes. No problem- we were going to have fun! Once seated we ordered our dinner. The kids' food got there fairly quickly, but by the time Jeff and I got our meals the kids were finished and ready to leave. Kicker #2-About halfway through dinner we realized that the coupons had gotten left at home. I guess we'll get another shot at Brick Oven, but not on a Monday night- or a holiday.

By the time we finished eating and paid it was almost 8:00. Dinner took longer than expected, but we were still going bowling. It was going to be FUN! We drove over to BYU, but much to every one's dismay,(Kicker #3) it was all booked up and only open for previous reservations! Much crying, wailing and gnashing of teeth ensued. As a last ditch effort for bowling we tried the regular place in town. Kicker #4- It had a 45 minute wait for a lane. So we headed home. The kids were so sad that we had a one game Wii Bowling tournament to get us warmed up for the real thing. I don't think that it really worked to take away the sting of the night, but I tried.


The next day I called BYU to see if we could bowl that night. Good news! It was open and we could go! So we had a family night- part 2- and finally went bowling. Jeff beat us all. I was the bowling assistant and Ryan holder, so I didn't bowl my own game. Katelyn was so happy to finally get to go, as she was the one who had the idea in the first place. After bowling Jeff took the kids down to the gas station to get Slurpees. (Another K request.) So we finally had the fun family night of our dreams- or at least Katelyn's anyway.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Oh, I'm so glad you finally got to bowl for reals. :) I miss The Brick Oven soo much.

Jennifer said...

Yeah sounds like a fun night despite the minor set backs! Ryan has grown SO much! How fun!

Klin said...

I leave the coupons at home most of the time.

Yay for bowling. I love bowling, but I stink at it.