Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Zoo Fun

** As I attempt to get caught up on my blog, I wanted to start with the newest stuff. It's just more fun that way. Please bear with me...


Last week my sister Heather and I went to the zoo with the kiddos, and Jeff came too since he is on a permanent vacation from his job. It was overcast all morning, with a few scattered raindrops, which kept things cooler. By the time we left it was blazing hot though. The kids loved seeing the elephants and giraffes. We actually went to the Bird Show- a first for us after 10+ years visiting the Hogle Zoo. It was a big hit with the kids and adults. Abram's favorite thing was riding in the stroller. Ryan was so good and even fell asleep on Jeff's shoulder for a little nap after our picnic lunch. And of course we had to ride the train before we left- a number 1 thing on Abram and Katelyn's list.


The traditional "hatching in the egg" picture. I can't believe that they all fit in it! These days are definitely numbered.




The zoo gimmick this time was "Zoorassic Park." There were animatronic dinosaurs scattered about. Most of them were pretty realistic. These are some of the ones we found. Ethan loved it!



And some more fun pics- just because.


After the zoo Heather came over to our house to have dinner and hang out for a while. I caught this cute picture of our boys playing together on the floor. Ryan is older than Jeremiah by three months, but they are already the same size!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy to see a post! And am thrilled to recognize the people and surroundings from first-hand experience. :-) Hugs to the P's and W's!

Jill said...

I think that last time I went to that zoo I was with you. ohh good times.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy! How is your fall going? I am ridiculously behind on my blogging so dont feel bad!
Love, Ang