Friday, October 7, 2011

Trouble

Ryan's new nickname is "Trouble." It has gotten progressively worse as he has learned to get around on his own. First the army crawl at age 7 1/2 months. Then he mastered the hands and knees crawl by 10 months, which was quickly followed by the pulling up on everything. Finally, a few weeks before his first birthday he took his first steps. I can only imagine that the trouble will get worse!



June 30, 2011- Ryan was just learning to stand. He always came crawling whenever I would do laundry. The front loading washer is one of the best babysitters I ever bought.

















Washers are cool, but so is the camera. Let me see that...














July 21, 2011- Ryan in the dryer. It is so hard to do laundry sometimes with all of his "help." But he is one of the cutest laundry helpers I have ever had.









July 30, 2011- Ethan was so kind as to share some of his ice cream cone with Ryan.













September 9, 2011- He must have the same talent as his big sister Erin. I can always tell when those two get some chocolate. And usually so proud of it too.







September 18, 2011- Another incriminating chocolate picture. Just a few chocolate chips please...












September 24, 2011- Ryan figures out he can get where he wants to go by pushing the kitchen chairs around on the tile as a walker. Then he doesn't have to stop and crawl the rest of the way if he falls.







Now he has moved on to walking unassisted, and is getting faster and better everyday. Last week he was upstairs with me while my visiting teacher was over. Ryan disappeared from the room for a while. I just assumed he was in the kitchen. Moments later I heard Katelyn yelling from downstairs for Ryan to get away from her toys! He had crawled all the way downstairs by himself. I knew he could come up, but not down. He does it all the time now, usually by sliding on his tummy backwards on the kitchen tile toward the stairs. Then he heads feet first all the way down like Superman in reverse. What a crackup! The entire house is now his domain and he comes and goes as he wishes. (Much to the dislike of his sister Miss K.)

4 comments:

Holly said...

What a cute little chubba! Just think how clever he is, figuring out this world.

PS--I can't believe Ethan remembers playing with Scott. What a great memory! And one of my favorite things was when you invited me over to make cookies after Scott was born, so I could have a reason to "get out." It was perfect. Thanks!

Jennifer said...

How fun! Way to go Ryan so many great new skills! Good luck to you Amy as you try to get anything done :)

Unknown said...

He's adorable. I loved the army crawl. So much accomplished in just a few months! The pic in the dryer is a keeper!

Jill said...

Oh My nelly all your kids are mini me's soo super cute