So this week has been amazingly busy, but full of blessings.
I was given the opportunity to nanny for my good friend this week. Her four kids and my three kids made for a full house (at hers), lots of diaper changes, Dora, and lunches. But I had such a good time playing with all the kids. It was different not having laundry and cleaning to do while watching the kids. It allowed me more time to just observe them, play with them, read stories, and gaze into the saltwater fish tank with amazed toddlers. I loved watching her little baby advance in her crawling skills and be constantly on the move. And her grunting- so unexpected from such a cutie!
The week was already loaded with a lot, but somehow it all managed to get done. Pack meeting went off without a hitch (thanks for all your help Beth!), laundry, Erin to school, dishes and home were cared for in my absence (THANKS Jeff!). I gained a greater appreciation for the working moms. You all are truly amazing. My compensation was exactly enough to fill in the gaps of Jeff's unemployment for all of our expenses for a month. Blessings, blessings.
Jeff was also able to do a few hours of contract work for his old employer on Friday. Just one more blessing. And he has a job lead from an old teacher from college that might work out. Blessing.
My scripture study has become more personal over the last few weeks. I feel comfort in them. I feel like I am being directed and guided through them. It always amazes me how much more there is to learn, and that I hadn't seen it the other many times I have read the same passage. Blessings!
I know that the Lord is watching out for us. And that he knows my needs before I even ask him. I am so grateful for Him. I am grateful for friends who are also looking out for us. Their concern and love have been wonderful. I am grateful to family who insist on helping in a variety of ways before I can even ask- all much appreciated. I know that this is not over yet, but I am still full of optimism and hope. I can see the tender mercies of the Lord in my life daily. In small and simple things, but I know that he cares. So thank you to all of you- and my dear friend who let me be her nanny. Your many thank yous are blessings and I so enjoyed every moment in your home. Your kids are wonderful, even after 3pm!
And if you made it through that way long journal entry then here is your reward- a cute picture of Ethan and Katelyn upside down on the ottoman a few months back. Those two are definitely from the same mold. Like two peas in a pod~ and still hanging in there!

6 comments:
I'm so glad you've been blessed. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. And good luck to Jeff with the college lead!
What a great post Amy! Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings. I am so happy to hear things are going well this week. We second Nat's comment your in our prayers as well. Best wishes with the new lead! Cute picture of the kids.
I am so glad that your blessings are coming in, one right after another. The Lord provides for us in the most amazing ways. Sometimes, it is simply by allowing us to change our point of view and reflect on his mercies. My hats off to the stay at home moms. I get to be one 3 months of the year, and it is WORK!!
I love reading about how you are making a tough situation work for the best. It is so nice that you have been able to feel the Lord's comfort at this time. I'm glad some gaps have been filled in and I hope Jeff finds something soon. Troy is still looking for some leads. You guys are awesome and we love you lots. Thanks for your great example.
Love you girl! I'm keeping an eye out for you guys and you're in our prayers. Thanks for everything you did and do for us.
I was just wondering how the job hunt is going. I'm glad that the scriptures have been bringing you comfort. I know that my prayers have become more personal and less rushed - isn't that always the way it goes? When we're doing good, crappy prayers. When we're having a hard time, good prayers. I really hope that lead from his former professor pans out. Let me know.
Post a Comment