**This is a major back-blogging fest. If you want to read it in order then start at the bottom. I have thoroughly enjoyed my blogging vacation and am trying to get caught up now. Happy 2009!**
On New Years' Eve, after visiting my grandparents, we wanted to go see the lights at Temple Square. We have never taken the kids before, although we have had good intentions every year. It just seems to get really cold and snowy in December, and then my commitment wanes. So the procrastination of years gone by finally caught up to us and we went on the last night the lights were on. It turned out to be a great experience and not as bone chilling as I thought. Before it was dark enough for the lights we took the kids into the church history museum to spend some time. They had fun in all the children's exhibits and looking at all the prophets.
Funny story--Erin was really worried about getting locked in the building. On the loudspeaker they announced that it would be closing in ten minutes. She thought that we needed to leave right then. I insisted that they would not lock us in, and we had ten more minutes in the warmth before we needed to leave. We were looking at the pioneer section and the re-creation of the bunks on the boats that they came to America on. She was getting really antsy-
(The look says, "I do not want to be here, we need to leave, can we please go now?")
Which breaks into full blown hysteria and tears when the announcement is made that the building is now closed and we need to leave. Poor girl ran out the door before she even go her coat on. I feel bad- I didn't mean to traumatize her. And she has never been locked in anywhere after it closed. But I guess I am mean enough to take her picture.
2009 Updates to come soon...


7 comments:
I've loved looking at your Christmas/New Years updates. I LOVE those pics of Erin as she was so worried about being locked in! Classic.
I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to come all the way down to see you guys. Maybe next time we head down that way; it was just too quick of a trip. We had to be back for the Natalie show, and in time for Pete to be sick ALL night long Sat. night.
I love Erin's concern about being locked in. Glad you got it on film because in a few years, she'll probably deny that story ever happened!! Love the pictures! Deanna
Congrats on Katelyn staying asleep during car transfer and coat removal! I love it when that happens... And Erin is a crackup. She reminds me of me as a little girl. So worried.
Okay, that is hilarious!!! Nice snaphot of Erin freaking out.
Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas/New Years! Erin's face in teh picture is too cute, it reminds me of something my Ethan would do! Too funny!
I am so proud of you for going to see the lights. I want it to be a tradition for us, but like you the cold gets the better of me!
I love the picture of Erin. She is going to be traumatized for life!
That is such a cute story. Erin is adorable and love the pics. We went to the lights, too, and loved it! I wish we could've gone to the museum. I really want to take the kids there.
Post a Comment