Friday, January 16, 2009

Temple Trip


Today we were able to take our family to the open house for the new Draper LDS Temple. It is situated up high on the mountain and is a very beautiful sight. None of my children can remember being inside a temple before, although Ethan was able to go to the Nauvoo Temple open house with us when he was two. It was a very special experience and one that I hope they will remember. There was such a peace and calm to be felt there. Very faith affirming and the spirit is almost tangible. Ethan is already looking forward to being twelve so he can perform baptisms in the temple. Katelyn kept asking about the "batize, hot tub." She was most fascinated with the water and Ethan really wanted to know if it was warm. Erin really liked the "wedding girls" room. It is a room where brides get ready to be married. But, I think the highlight for Erin was riding on the "big, real bus" to and from the temple. She had never been on a big bus before, other than an airport shuttle. She got a window seat on the way back which made her very happy.

While we were waiting for our big bus ride back we ran into Jeff's sister and her family. We had no idea that they were going up! It was fun to see them and it definitely helped to pass the time waiting for the bus ride back to where we were parked.


4 comments:

Jenn Allphin said...

Wow, that is great. I have wanted to take my family through. Ember can remember clear our sealing in the Manti Temple, Kenzie can somethings and then the rest is fuzzy (she was also 9 months old)! How did you get the tickets? Very fun, glad you were able to take the kiddos through.

Jen said...

I'm glad you got to go. We are going in a few weeks on the day that my brother comes home from his mission. He wants to do something fun together as a family and his uplifting! It's a perfect fit!

Jackee said...

I want to go, too. It sounds so neat and like a great experience for the kids. I hope I can get some tickets.

Nat said...

We had a chance to take our kids when the Rexburg temple was having its open house. My kids loved it, and were so reverent! They liked the celestial room the best. I'm glad you guys got to go.