Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

For Spring Break we decided to get the heck out of dodge and head for greener pastures in Kentucky. To pass some time in the airport we took a few pictures. It was a two plane trip to get there and we had lots of time to wait. Katelyn's favorite activity on the plane was reading the passenger safety information card (located in the seat pocket in front of her).
Other things we learned while flying:
Erin read the No Smoking sign as "No Smelling". We all got a few chuckles out of that.

Ethan learned that "airplane stench" is really fresh brewed coffee. Poor, sheltered little boy.

Katelyn likes all of the airplane safety information pictures. Especially the one with the lady swimming with her seat cushion and the little kid getting an oxygen mask put on. Thankfully we did not get to experience any of these first hand.

There are not enough window seats.

7 comments:

Jackee said...

So fun! I'm glad you got to take a little vacation.

Christy said...

Who are you kidding? Of course there are enough window seats!...as long as your the one next to it, isn't that all that matters to a kid?

Christy said...

Oh, and for the record, I missed you! :)

Jen said...

I have always thought air plains smelled bad too Ethan! Great minds think alike!

The Wilson Family said...

Hilarious....Amy you are too funny. I love the things learned on the airplane.

Kar said...

That cracks me up - "airplane stench." How luxurious, flying in a plane! I used to love flying when I was a kid. It didn't happen nearly often enough!

Nat said...

Yes, the window seats are the best! If/when we take our kids on a plane, I'll probably be fighting them for the window seat. I love watching out the window!