Katelyn is officially a big girl now. Last week she decided that the little potty was the "in" thing. She is now sporting the Dora panties (or sometimes Tinkerbell).
All of this potty-ness created and unforeseen chain of events leading to a lot of work and tired parents last weekend. For instance- potty trainers need to get out of bed at night if they wake up and need to go. K was still in her crib. Cue switchup of the bunk beds. Now they are in the girls' room. Now potty trainer can get up at night- check.
Moving furniture leads to crazy mom vacuuming and dusting. How often do I get to vacuum under and behind the beds? It was totally necessary and needed. Changing beds also requires washing all the sheets, and the matress pads too. Cue 4 loads of laundry.
The movement of furniture also sparked some needed organization, which led to dejunking, which led to a trip to the D.I. And YEA! We actually found a place to store the crib and crib mattress in all the reorganization. Who knew there was room for that in Ethan's closet?
The last side effect of all this disruption was the realization that K would be in her big girl bed. Why is that so troubling? Well, K likes to still be held to fall asleep. And once asleep we would just put her in her crib. The crying it out thing I can't take, and she's my baby. But the big girl bed meant the end of mom cuddle to sleep. She has to go to bed just like everyone else and fall asleep on her own. Things on that front are going okay. I am still having to sit on the floor in her room until she is asleep, but that is okay for now. In another week I think I'll have her being okay with me going. Plus Erin is in there- I'm not leaving her alone!
Now that all the changes are in place, things are going well. K has been doing great on the potty. I even took her to the library in panties last week! So far most of the nights she has stayed dry. And no accidents for a few days now!! So I hope that she keeps it up and in a week she'll be awesome on our vacation.
** Side note: Ethan is LOVING having his top bunk removed. It has sparked in him a new love of jumping on his bed. All of his long repressed desires have been unleashed. Hopefully the novelty will wear off soon. I'm waiting until then to get him a new mattress.


4 comments:
I'm so jealous of the potty trained 2-y-o, of the cleaning and reorganization, and DI trip! YAY for productivity! That will be so nice on your trip (well, hopefully).
She is so grown up!!! Congrats on the potty training, big girl bed, clean house and doing tons of laundry!
Yay, Miss K! And Amy, way to be such a productive mom! I need to do so much of that, but it all seems so overwhelming.
Yeah, I know what you mean - if furniture is moved, one must vacuum behind it before moving it back. It's just a requirement. And you are a much nicer mom than I am, cuddling your daughter to sleep... staying in her room until she's asleep... wow. You're nicer than me.
Post a Comment