Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Quiet, Too Quiet


'Twas afternoon on a Tuesday
About two o'clock,
Everything was quiet
Even Miss K.

Mother wondered why
Where could she be?
Making a mess?
Or something else maybe?

Mom snuck up the stairs
To see why the quiet.
She found her Miss K
Asleep in her bed.

Too tired to play
She had tucked herself in
And took a long nap
Amazing it is!

** So this happened last April, and I have been trying to make this cute poem to tell the story. It's not rhymey enough, and I'm tired of it taunting me in the drafts on my blogger account. So I am publishing it. So there Blogger! The other two kids were at school at the time, and I was on the computer. Then I realized it was way too quiet. I looked everywhere for K, calling her name. After a bit of a panic I found her in her bed asleep. She had tucked herself in for a nap- how cute! And then I still had an hour of peace and quiet before the other kids came home from school. This feat has not been repeated since, unfortunately.

7 comments:

Christy said...

Love it! Oh, how we love Miss K! Actually, we love all your kiddies! When can we play again? I'm ready! :)

Nat said...

Oh, those moments are SOOOO wonderful! Complete silence! YAY!

Klin said...

The parenting treasures that come here and there. Are too far in between.

Yeah, I'm so not a poet ;)

The Wilson Family said...

Good job! It's finally published :o) Don't quit your day job though, hehe.

Jackee said...

So sweet! I love it when Emilee does that. It is actually happening more frequently now that the house is noisy early in the morning. In the summer she would sleep 'til 10 with everyone else, now she's up by 7:30 or 8. I guess she is needing a little nap now and then.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

Silence...such a golden moment, especially unplanned such as this one.

Kar said...

That poem made me laugh so hard!!! Hahaha!!! Seriously, I just got a good belly laugh. You are funny.