(Note- Because I am an awesome mom I made my kids stand in front of the door in the blinding sunshine. Gotta get the picture! Did not occur to me until much later that I could have taken the pictures inside the house by the door. I told you I am awesome!)
Erin wanted me to walk her to school today. It was sweet. Ethan wanted nothing to do with me; like I would be an embarrassment to a big fourth grader. He's growing up! They both wanted to buy lunch today (pizza). Erin was successful at figuring out the process and remembering her lunch number. Ethan still has his mad lunch buying skillz.
And sitting at her desk, putting away all her supplies. Erin is so excited to have a desk and her very own personal space to put her stuff. No more tables and buckets like in kindergarten.
Katelyn had me playing playdough, Little People, Jenga, Don't Spill the Beans, and the Wii- all before my shower. I still managed to get that in as well as some dishes and laundry. She is definitely using her one-on-one time with mom well. It should be a fun year. I also get to volunteer in both the kids' classes. I am trading babysitting time with a friend so we can both be more productive volunteers. Now just a few weeks until dance class, choir practice, and more scheduling. I have a feeling I need to ease back into all of this.


6 comments:
Erin is adorable! Her hair is short...cute! Love the pics in front of the door. Gotta have those!
Oh so cute. Today was our first day of school. It couldn't have come soon enough!
Yeah, I wasn't even allowed to take Tree Monkey to school. She "can ride [her] bike" and I can stay home.
Cute kids. I love the sunshine pic. I did that with L'il Red and he closed his eyes. Cause I'm an awesome mom like that, too.
All of my school pictures are in the front yard, with my eyes squinted shut. It's like a rite of passage, really.
I can't believe you guys already started school! Though Jake starts in three days...YIKES!
I made Noah stand in the blidning sun too! It's all part of the first day of school right? Their pictures are so cute. They are growing up fast!
I loved the Hubs post of the Demolition Derby. That was awesome! I can tell they loved every second of it.
The camping excursion looked super fun. I want to hear the story of K getting locked in the trailer. That is cute that she didn't want to leave. I love her little professional photos and birthday photos. She is a sweetie.
You look like a good bowler in your picture. So fun!
The family picture in front of the temple is a really beautiful one of your family.
By the way, great job at Pack Meeting Amy. You rock!
Dylan starts on Monday, and I'm freaking out! I have no idea how school lunch works, and if I can even afford it. Seriously. I'm going to start slow, by just packing a lunch for him. I'm so worried!!!
Post a Comment