Wednesday, August 19, 2009

100% Pure Adrenaline

**For those of you readers who are eloquent at writing and can't stand to read anything containing poor grammar, run on sentences or every other word misspelled this post is not by Amy. Yes, that's right this is hubs. Gasp!!

What in the world would posses me to dust of my freshman English skills and attempt to describe anything in literary terms? Demolition Derby, need I say more?

So on Saturday, Ethan and I went with my brother and a few friends to the Annual Utah County Fair Demolition Derby. It was 100% pure adrenaline filled fun. There's not much better than a bunch of cars driving as fast as they can trying to crash into each other. I think the boys had a bit of fun too.There were 3 rounds of smash'em up fun and then two rounds of grudge matches, a powder puff round and then the finals. The pictures below happened in the second round. Notice the angle of car 100's bumper and the lack of a nose on the family truckster.

Here is the result. This happened about 10 seconds into the round two, if that long.


Now Derby etiquette is to strategically push one of the cars or to nudge it at about 15-20 miles an hour. This helps to free the mangled twisted metal. Below is what happens when such attempts fail.

See how polite everyone is they all came over to help out. Derby cars are your typical cash for clunkers that never made it to the dealership.


We had a great time. Here is the winning dual as car 44 pushes the purple eFusion car back into the barrier and over the top of it.

Can't wait 'til next year.

3 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

That looks like fun. I went to a monster truck rally in salt lake once for a date and it was so loud, but fun!

Nat said...

One of these days I'm going to have to get Pete to take our boys; I'm sure they would love it! Looks like it was a blast.

Kar said...

Oh, boys are so silly! But maybe if I actually went to one of these I'd appreciate it.