Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Bowling for Dollars

We went bowling about a month ago for Family Home Evening. The kids were really quite good at it. It had been a while since our last trip to the lanes.

It was not quite as entertaining as the 70's game show Bowling for Dollars. But if you want to check that out first, go here. Check out the fashions, daughter Melissa, and the legs behind the pins. Hillarious!
**Our kids got paid out, not by dollars, but with a gum ball at the end.

What do you do when you are waiting for it to be your turn to bowl? Ethan liked spinning the ball on a chair. Katelyn preferred climbing on stuff, and being surprised every time a ball would come out of the return. She stayed there most of the night catching balls and being entertained by the air puffer. Erin was the cheerleader for everyone.

Here are some action shots of the night:

And of course- Dadio Padio is the family bowling champion. I got smoked by my three year old despite the fact that the bumpers were up the whole time! Maybe next time I should use the rolly ramp thing too. It just might do me some good!

And of course a few videos of KK. She wanted to do it "all by myself." So I have about 10 more videos like this first one:

And success at last:

I think we need to return sooner than later so I can unseat the current champion. Too bad bowling isn't as easy in real life as it is on the Wii!

5 comments:

Nat said...

What fun! You guys have some good scores-ours are all in the 40s to 60s, usually, even with the bumpers and the ramps. Katelyn and Troy are so alike-that's what Troy's bowling looks like!

Klin said...

I love me some bowling. I use the bumper pads. I never win. I totally stink at it, but I have so much fun.

Woot Woot! Love that Katelyn wants to do it by her self. What a big girl.

Kar said...

I've never seen those ramps before! Very cool. I love K's grimace/smile at the top of the post. So funny.

The Wilson Family said...

Nice action shot of you Amy! HAH! The kids were really cute :o) I want to go bowling now.

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

We were thinking of taking Sam bowling soon. I think he'll really love it. Your kids were great bowlers!