Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Deck the Halls

The halls are literally decked at our house.
Christmas countdown chains, homemade snowflakes and reindeer cover the walls. The other wall contains our fireplace- complete with stockings hung by the paper fireplace with care... We have to have some way for Santa to make his grand entrance. Our tree is up, decorated, and glowing. I love this time of year! And since all the shopping, decorating, delivering, and wrapping is complete I still have a few days to relax and enjoy it all.

Last night for Family Home Evening we had a lesson on the true meaning of Christmas and retold the story of Jesus' birth. At the end of the lesson my sil, Kelly, challenged all the kids to think of one thing that they could do as a present for our Savior. This morning Ethan got dressed and cleaned his messy, messy room without being asked. It is spotless! He was so excited to show me what he had done. Erin got up this morning and wanted to make all the kids breakfast for me! Even though Katelyn didn't cooperate, Erin still did a great job. I love her so much! Today Katelyn is going to help me make her bed, and make a card for her daddy. I'm glad that my kids took Kelly's challenge to heart and did something for Jesus.

I hope that you all have a great holiday filled with love, family and friends!

7 comments:

Klin said...

I love the fireplace! I wish I'd thought of that when we lived in homes that didn't have a fireplace. So cool.

Merry Christmas.

Jill said...

I love the fireplace, and the tree. Oh, I miss Utah.

Kar said...

I love your pretend fireplace. So cute. And how great that your kids took Kelly's challenge to heart. Awesome. I need to be like you and get my Christmasing done early so that I can just enjoy it for the last week or so before Christmas. I'm always so stressed out at Christmastime!!

Nat said...

I should copy your fake fireplace idea, because I never know where to put ours.

For FHE I talked about service, and had each of the kids write down things they could do for every person in the family. They've done fairly well with it. And I told Pete that we should have the kids just do service for each other every Christmas, but he didn't like that idea. We'll see if I win out on that one, though. :)

The Wilson Family said...

Alright, where's the Christmas photos Amy!?

Lana said...

Amy, your house looks so good for Christmas! I love the fireplace. It is one of your many amazing creations. Seriously, you and Jeff are such creative parents. I am impressed!
Those are the sweetest stories about your kids doing something for Jesus. I loved that.
Erin is so cute in the dance pictues, and Ethan impresses me with his singing. What great kids!
You have had some really funny stories lately on the blog about the things your kids say and do. They make me smile! I love being a Mom too. Those little things are what make you want to get up when it is "happy day." (Especially when you can eat lupperloni.)
Love ya!

Greta and Lily said...

Amy! I'm so happy to find your blog and see you and your family!! You all look great!! The kids are so cute and it looks like they are involved in so many fun things!! :)
I love your Christmas tree and fireplace!! I look forward to being able to stay up to date with what you are up to!!!