Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dance Finale

At the end of May Erin performed in the Sharing Showcase. It was the final dance concert of the year. The special part was that a parent was asked to perform with their daughter. So Erin and I were able to perform together. The song that Erin's group danced to was, "When You Taught me How to Dance." The girls did most of the dancing and the parents just came in at the end for the last part.

Erin and I at the last rehearsal. She got to wear a Ginny gown* for her costume. Very special!


Most of her dance class.

Erin and Hannah ready for the final performance.

*Post edit-- What's the big deal about a "Ginny gown"? The story as I remember it...
A woman named Virginia was involved in the beginnings of the BYU dance program. She even taught Erin's teacher, Miss Mary Linda, who is now a grandma. Virginia created this dress pattern for the dance program and it has been copyrighted for them. Miss Mary Linda even got to dance in one when she was 7! Since Miss Mary Linda and Virginia were friends, she got permission to make and use the gowns when she taught her own dance classes. Now Miss Mary Linda is teaching for BYU again. They provide all the costumes for each performance which is a very huge deal. So, Erin was lucky enough to dance in a Ginny gown. The end.

1 comment:

Kar said...

Dude, what is a "Ginny dress"? I'm so clueless.