When we moved into our house six years ago, we
thought the carpet needed replacing. But after living on it with three kids for six years, we
knew it needed replacing. Berber is just not the way to go with kids, spills, stains, and potty training. So we finally spent the money and replaced our downstairs carpet and the kitchen and entryway floors at the same time. I think that I am in heaven! When I vacuum, it leaves the little lines that give me some satisfaction. Yes- I really did vacuum today. And we love our new "tile" in the kitchen. Bye Bye old fake vinyl "hardwood." Sorry if this is not as exciting to you as it is to me- but I really thought that this day would never come after waiting so long. So here are a few pictures of the journey-

K shows off the old flooring.


(ABOVE) K's way of helping dad get out the dishwasher.
Testing out the new tiles.

Uncle Mark helps out- a big THANK YOU to him!

The finished entry. (Still old carpet)

K and elephant supervise the carpet tear out.

The new pad goes down.
And here is the carpet!


A close up of the finished product.

The kids just can't get enough- it's so soft and fuzzy!
6 comments:
Amy, your new carpet is so nice and soft
The carpet and floors look great. What kind of carpet is that?
YAY for new carpet and flooring! We just got new carpet, too...
Believe me, I would be just as excited as you are. That is wonderful!! We're finishing a room in our basement - I'm sure I'll totally post about it when we finish!! It feels good to improve one's house.
Love the new flooring!
That is so exciting Amy! I am happy for you. I love when you can see vacuum lines. It feels like you did something, huh?
It looks beautiful!
Post a Comment