7 years ago
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Ordinary Miracles
So I was reading on my friend Jenn Savage's blog. She has been in somewhat of a funk this week and wrote a little about it. It has inspired me too. I feel like life is passing me by, one day at a time. Am I spending enough time with my kids? Playing Polly Pockets, Little People, and Legos? Do we make enough treats, go on bike rides together, and just enjoy each moment we have together? I'm not sure that I do that enough. I mean, there is always laundry, dishes, homework, vacuuming, and all the rest. But am I doing enough of the memory making with my family? It doesn't have to cost money. So this morning I am going to make a change. And spend more time with my sweet kids every day before I realize that they don't want to play with me, or are too busy, or can do it all by themselves. So this morning before kindergarten, I am taking my sweet girls to the duck park to feed some ducks with our loaf of stale bread that has been sitting on my counter for days with good intentions. Seize the moment! I feel so blessed in my life to have my three beautiful kids and a wonderful, supportive husband. I am healthy, well fed, I have shelter and a testimony of the gospel. My hands can clean my house, bathe my children, read them bedtime stories, and tuck them in at night. I am going to try and enjoy each moment- a miracle really- in my life. So look for the ordinary miracles in your life today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
A good reminder! I definitely don't spend enough time with my kids. I'm always, "In a minute", "I'm too busy", "Later".
Great thought Amy! I was feeling that way a few months back so we started Fabulous Friday's for the summer. We would do a fun cooking project, special game or art project each Friday. Going to the duck pond sounds like lots of fun. Thanks again for reminding us to sieze the moment!
Amy, thanks for taking a sad moment and making it into something sweet. Your comments mean the world to me.
Amy, this was so nice to read. I totally agree with you. Lately I have been spending so much more time with my own family because the time just goes by so quickly and you can't get it back. You are such a great Mom, wife and friend. You are an amazing person! That book that you made for your grandparents was so beautiful. I looked through the whole thing and loved it. You are so nice to spend so much of your own time to make something so meaningful for them! I love the video of the girls in their dresses and your wedding shoes were a great addition to the esemble. :) The picture of Ethan on the Father and Son campout was priceless as well. So cute!
Good to catch up again. Hopefully life will settle down about now, right? I hope so! See you soon friend!
Good thoughts. I find myself refusing Sadie's requests for me to hold her, because "I'm cooking dinner, hon," or "I have to feed the baby right now." I feel really badly about that. I need to find a way to give my kids more of my love, and not just my cooking for them/cleaning the house/brushing their teeth care.
Love you maim....You're right! And very good pictures of the girls.
Post a Comment