I debated for weeks. Cards, no cards? Simplify, right? In starting a blog earlier this year, I hoped to connect my family back to my life, in little ways. I think that is why I was having such a hard time doing cards. You already know what we did this year, saw the pictures, and maybe even left me a comment. But when my mailbox started filling with cards, I started to feel a little guilty. Scrooge-like. It is the one time of year that I can let all my friends and family know that I really do think about them all through the year. Even if I am not so good at letting them know that more than once at Christmas.
So this year there was a compromise. A way to simplify, yet let all my beloveds know that I really do care. I did make a newsletter. And I did send out some cards. But I also emailed my newsletter to most of my christmas card listees. So if you got one, I hope you feel loved. Know that I think of you and care how you are doing. If I inadvertently left you out, I am so sorry. I am posting my newsletter here as well to catch those whom I don't have email addresses for. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a most wonderful and relaxing holiday with those you love!


6 comments:
Fun blog! It is so fun to see all your sweet faces. You guys are a beautiful family and we miss you! By the way......loved the Christmas card. Send me an e-mail with your address so I can mail yours via snail-mail. XOXOXOX
Thanks for the Christmas wishes. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy 2009.
Thank you for sending out your Christmas letter on your blog. That is such a great idea! For me I am terrible. Our friends get mad, they send and I don't, this time of year is hectic. Maybe next year...then again, maybe I can do it...hmmmm.
I've been debating the email/ blog Christmas card this year. I'll still probably send a few out, like to my Grandpa, but I think so many people are going virtual in their Christmas greetings. I'd better decide soon, though-Christmas is in 10 days!
What a great idea Amy! Your Christmas card is really cute.
I really like the format of your newsletter thingey. That is a good idea, one I might have to adopt for next year.
Post a Comment