Saturday, December 13, 2008

Holiday Festivities

We've been having so much fun with all of our activities, that I haven't had much time for blogging lately. The last two weeks have been filled with all things Christmas. The work parties, ward parties, Relief Society dinners, decorating, shopping, and concerts.
One that I'd like to share was the opportunity that Jeff and I had to go to the Forgotten Carols. I have been wanting to go for the last ten years or more, but had never gotten around to getting tickets. This year hubs got us some tickets and we were able to go and kick off the holiday season. It was a very nice production. And although I had heard most of the songs before, I never knew the story that tied them all together. It was a nice way to bring in the holiday spirit, and to remember the real reason for the season~ a celebration of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
I love that Christmastime brings with it a magic. Everyone is a little kinder, more thoughtful, and more giving. I hope that in this busy season I can still take the moments to serve, love, and enjoy the spirit that Christmas brings.

3 comments:

Darling Details said...

I so love that production! It isn't Christmas without it. Glad you got to go!

Jackee said...

I haven't seen it yet and I've always wanted to go. I guess that's the trouble with a husband that works late, it's very difficult to fit things in the evenings.

Kar said...

It's good that I have so many blog friends who are so cheerful and are so into Christmas. I've been feeling a bit scroogey lately, and reading your comments makes me feel a little bit better about this season.