Thursday, March 19, 2009

FHE at the MOA

There are a lot of perks from living near a university. Mostly cultural and artsy things that we can enjoy for free or low cost. So this week for FHE we went to the Museum of Art. (A freebie!) They were having an exhibit by Walter Wick. He created the I Spy series. It was very fascinating. They had some of his sets and characters that he uses in the books. We went with family, which made it even more fun. (I have no idea what prompted Ethan's gangsta poses in these pictures. I hope Uncle Cam approves.)

Apparently there are some restrictions on when, where, and how you can take pictures in the museum. We had been plenty of times before and never had any of these sorts of problems. So YES, I did have a photo pass, and here is the picture to prove it. (Which I took with no flash in an approved area.)
So we didn't get many pictures in the museum, but afterwards we had a lot of fun finding an ice cream place. Note- the local creamery is not a good place to take your chitlins on a Monday night around swarms of college kids. After noticing the swarms we headed away from campus as quickly as possible and settled for somewhere with a little more local flair.

6 comments:

Nat said...

What a fun FHE! Our museum here doesn't allow pictures at ALL. Love the gangsta poses by the E-man.

The Wilson Family said...

Is that the Malt Shop?? Oh how I miss it!!!!

Natalie said...

Oh how I miss Utah and BYU especially. We loved going to the Creamery! We miss you guys!

Kar said...

Mmmmm. Ice creammmmmm... I love the Museum of Art at BYU. I used to eat in their little cafeteria once a week with my friends. Dylan is starting to get into I Spy quite a bit.

Hill Family said...

You made me miss BYU and just Provo in general! Glad you guys had so much fun -the MOAB was one of my favorite places on campus!

Todd Johnson said...

Hey Mark, don't have too much fun there in the bottom right picture