Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let Them Eat Cake

Erin had her birthday in Kentucky this year. The day before her birthday her grandma took her clothes shopping. It was a no-mom affair and they had a great time. Grandma even let Erin pick where she wanted to go to lunch. Erin told her, "I know exactly where I want to go, but I don't know if you want to take me there." Grandma was very obliging and took her to McDonald's!

Erin designed her cake this year. I made it to her specifications. It was a little shorter than she wanted, so next time we'll make it a three layer cake. It sure was tasty though!


Aunt Megan and Miss K

Cousin Jason was loving all the sugar!

Jeff and Ethan like it too!

5 comments:

Nat said...

That's a gorgeous cake! Happy (late) b-day to Erin!

Christy said...

What an amazing cake! Erin is one special girl!
I haven't seen Megan for so long, but she looks the same, and her little guy is so handsome!

Kar said...

What a beautiful cake! I started making my kids' cakes a couple of years ago, but concluded that it took too much dang time. So now I buy gross store-bought ones. Blech.

Jackee said...

Such a cute cake. How nice that she chose a fairly simple one. My kids ask for lizards and horses. She is a sweet and adorable little girl!

The Wilson Family said...

Ummmm, I want some cake right now!