Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Recap

It was probably the most memorable Mother's Day that I have had thus far. I would almost say it was magical. All of my children woke up on their own by the time I would normally have to drag them out of bed for church. Erin even got up and was dressed before I even saw her. I was able to shower and get dressed alone. No interruptions, or "MOM!" screams. I made some yummy butterscotch rolls the night before and my loving husband put them in the oven for us. We took a leisurely walk to church in perfect weather. After church Jeff came home right away, which is a special treat by itself. I was then showered with love and gifts from the family. This included cards made at school and primary, flowers, and three figurines from Willow Tree that represent perfectly each one of my children. Jeff was so sneaky and thoughtful! I love him! Afterwards, I was then able to take a little rest while the kids played downstairs with their dad. For dinner Jeff made a delicious dinner of chicken Kiev and roasted red potatoes. He cleaned up the dishes too! Then we took a nice walk as a family. Before bed we had yummy strawberry banana shakes and then Jeff put the kids to bed. It was a very relaxing day and full of all the luxuries that are hard to come by most days. A truly memorable, magical day. My Mom batteries are recharged and I am ready to tackle a new week. Thanks so much to Jeff and my kiddos. It was great!

I would also like to take a moment to tell my wonderful mother how much I love her.

Mom, you are the best. Thank you for nurturing me through childhood, helping me see my divine potential, and loving me through it all. I cannot imagine a better mother for me. As I have become a mother myself I realize all the sacrifices that you made for me. You still continue to make sacrifices and to love me, support me, and help me. Thank you for shaping me into the woman I am today. I love you momma!

6 comments:

Kar said...

Wow, that sounds fantastic, Amy. I have yet to have a Sunday where I have time to get myself ready, as well as my kids. I'm kind of grumpy about how my Mother's Day went. I'm trying to get over it...

Klin said...

What a sweet day.

Those shakes sound yummy.

Kelly said...

Well deserved!

The Wilson Family said...

Is your computer all fixed then? Awww, can Mother's Day be more than once a year!?

Nat said...

What a wonderful day, and what wonderful kids and hubs for making it special for you!

Lana said...

That sounded like the Best Mother's Day ever. You SOO deserve it Amy!
Congrats on the new car too. Fun for your hubby and good timing with his birthday!