Thursday, July 16, 2009

Zoo Fun

Our zoo pass expired at the end of June, and I wanted to get one more use out of it for the season, so I packed up the kids and we headed to the zoo on June 30. Nothing like waiting until the last minute! We packed a lunch and got there early to beat the heat. We saw all of our usual favorites and of course had to ride the train too. Some pictures from the day:

After we had enough fun at the zoo we headed up to Ogden to see my grandparents. They took us for a yummy lunch at Lagori's Pizza and then we headed back to their house to visit for a while longer. The kids played in the apple tree and with the few toys that are left around the house. Grandma and I looked at old albums full of pictures that I now want to scan and preserve. It was a wonderful visit and I'm glad my kids are old enough to have some memories of their great-grandparents.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun at the zoo! I love the pictures! I still need to venture up there, but seeing as Jack still hates the car it does not sound like to much fun by myself!

Lana said...

Gosh, I keep getting so behind on blogging. I had a lot to catch up on with you. So many good times. Your birthday pictures were beautiful! Ethans room is totally awesome! You have definitely been a super Mom with all your outing on the fourth of July, trips to the zoo and to grandparents, and also Lagoon. I loved reading the things you learned at lagoon. So cute!

Natalie said...

WE love the zoo, what a fun summer you guys are having, oh and I have a picture of a pregnant lady on my blog with a countdown till I'm due. I am a little over 10 weeks along and have been so sick.
I am glad you are keeping up your blog, I love looking at all of your cute pictures, we miss you guys.

Nat said...

What a fun trip! I, too, want to scan and preserve some pics that my mom and grandpa have. Add it to the project list, I guess...

Kar said...

Hogle Zoo is so wonderful...Our zoo here is so dinky!! Cool that you got to visit with your grandparents. I have about a bazillion pictures I need to scan, as well. When will we ever have time to do these projects??