Between sessions of Saturday General Conference we planned to get out of the house and head up to our lovely mountains. We packed ourselves a picnic lunch and headed out. First we played at a park and had lunch. The kids raced sticks in the river and under the bridge. We hiked around some, but then decided it would be more fun to head back down the canyon a bit and go see the waterfall.
Well, we not only went and saw the waterfall- but we hiked up to it too!! Now, this may not seem like such a big deal to some. But it was a HUGE deal to me. Because
* I have never done it before.
*I am way out of shape.
*We had three kiddies with us.
*The path is somewhat treacherous in places as rockslides and avalanches have shifted things since the trail was created.
The view was fabulous! The kids loved experiencing nature instead of just seeing it. I think we just might have a new family tradition to do during General Conference. The kids (and adults) were able to focus more after getting all the wiggles out too.



4 comments:
Wow you are brave--I'm not sure if I could do that with 3 kids--but I bet they loved it!! I love the last picture--that one could be on a Christmas card!
That looks like Donut Falls - is it? I love that they raced sticks under the bridge - like Winnie the Pooh.
We almost always go look at the leaves during conference. This year we went a week earlier because the forecast didn't look good. It is always a fun thing to do.
Very very cute family picture in front of the waterfall.....Is that stewart falls?? Gotta love it :o) I miss the Utah mountains!
Post a Comment