Monday, December 7, 2009

'Tis the Season

The snow has come. I resisted until 10 am, then Miss K would have it no more. We had to go out and enjoy the winter wonderland that was right outside our front door. So we gathered all the proper gear and even gathered up some neighbor friends, Londyn & Sophie Berrett, and headed out. Katelyn made a snow angel, slid down all the slides on the playground, and carefully dusted the snow off every horizontal surface she could find. She loved it! (I really need to get me some boots- quickly.)

After school the kids came home from school in boots, coats, gloves, hats, and pants wet from the knee down. It must be a long walk home in the snow. But they really wanted to go outside and play. So after homework was done I geared up for round two of winter wonderland. (Which included a coat change for K so her wrists wouldn't be exposed.) And since it has been snowing all day, there were more horizontal surfaces to dust off, friends to play with, and snow angels to be made. (And I still really need some boots!)

And of course all that snow has to end with some hot chocolate.



A quick back track-- Thanksgiving was great. We had a quiet dinner at the in-laws house. I made the stuffing, yams, banana crush punch and two pumpkin pies. We had the only grand kids there, very unusual, but it was quiet. A nice time to reflect on all the blessings that I have in my life. I feel very thankful.

The day after I went Black Friday shopping at 5am with some great ladies from my ward. They convinced me to go with them last year and got me hooked. Although I don't think I would go if I had to go alone, so a big thanks to all of them for making the insanity of it all very fun and entertaining! I even managed to find a few deals!

3 comments:

Nat said...

So fun! It snowed here, but it's been WAAAAAYYYY too cold to go out and enjoy it, though I did pull out all the snow pants and stuff. What fun!

Klin said...

Boots at Old Navy for 15 bucks.

My kiddos BEG to go outside in the snow. WE buy hot chocolate in bulk. I don't think they really need a reason anymore ;)

Kar said...

Ugh, I am such a grouch - I hate when the kids want to play in the snow, because I have to sit and help them get all of their gear on. I'm always like, "If you want to go out, you have to put on your snow stuff by yourself." I'm a big jerk. You're cute to take them out. And I love Katelyn's "hat hair" while she's drinking hot choco.