Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cast Off!

One perk to coming back early from our vacation was that Ethan was able to get his cast off earlier than we had planned. He is rid of it, and very happy. We had more X-rays taken and it is all healed up. He is still adjusting to having full use of his arm again. He can't wait to go swimming and have no cast cover. YEAH for that!!

The LAST picture of the cast.


Ethan was a bit scared of the saw (and rightfully so). But it only vibrated his arm and cut through the fiberglass. The doctor is a pro at this.

The evidence.


Back to a regular old arm.














5 comments:

Nat said...

Horray for no more cast! Is his arm all skinny and weird? I've never had a broken bone (knock on wood); I've just heard that happens.

Soozee Carmichael said...

I bet Ethan is so happy to have his arm back! And, I'm sure you are glad to not have to worry about it anymore too! YAY for no cast!!
Plus, it looks like you had a fun time on your trip!

Kar said...

Thank you for the blogfest! I remember how weird it was to get my cast removed when I was about his age. My skin was all blubbery-looking. Thanks for the blogfest. I love blogfests!! It's like opening a fun Christmas present!

The Wilson Family said...

Alright, alright, I am leaving a comment for you Amy!!! hehe. I am glad Ethan is all back to normal, don't do too much swimming, save some for when we come to visit :o) Love yah!

Danny's Mom said...

It must be so nice to have that thing off. Thank goodness they make the waterproof sleeves.

Yeah Freedom!

Rachel