Thursday, July 3, 2008

Tagged again!

At least this one is easy and not very lengthy.

The rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (at least 123 pages).
2. Turn to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the 5th sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.

"Mrs. Brown wants to give us some opinions. Mrs Brown?"

This is from Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury. It is a novel that is sometimes assigned in high school, but I have never read it before. It is all about a boy named Douglas Spaulding and the events that happened during the summer he was twelve. I am still reading it, but it is captivating so far. A friend challenged the readers of her blog to read the book, and she is leading a discussion about it. I took her challenge mostly to stimulate my brain, think critically, and do something for myself this summer. And I am loving it!
Since I only have about 5 readers on my blog, and one of them tagged me- I hereby tag whomever would like to take this tag and show us your literary prowice.

3 comments:

Nat said...

I tried starting "Dandelion Wine" a couple of times, but couldn't get into it. That was about a hundred years go, though. Let me know how it is!

MakingChanges said...

I am taking your tag. Check out my blog.

Kar said...

I adored Dandelion Wine!! I read it in college. I love the sensory images he uses - things that make you feel like you were there - the tastes, sounds, smells of summer. That was a good book! :)