Then- June 28, 1997
Now- June 2008
Jeff and I celebrated our 11th anniversary yesterday. We take turns planning our anniversaries so the other one can be surprised. This year was my turn. I got a babysitter and packed up our stuff. When Jeff got home from work Friday. he had no idea what was going on. We went to the Anniversary Inn for the night, but had dinner on the way at Fong's Fine Chinese Dining (a very good find, by the way) and after checking in at the hotel we went to go see a play at the Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley. 
The Curious Savage. "Back by popular demand!...Mrs Savage is committed to an asylum by her spoiled children in their attempt to keep her from giving away their inheritance. Her cunning charm outwits them…her clever, caring heart disarms and heals her new found inmates. A tender, funny comedy by master playwright John Patrick. A sure sell out!" I laughed so hard. It was very well done. Jeff and I went to go see a play on our first date so I thought it would be a fun reminder at what we used to do before kiddos.
The next day we went to the Salt Lake Temple and came home. It was a great way to celebrate and a nice 24 hours away from the kids. I highly reccommend it to anyone who is feeling a little burnt out.
Anyway, I just wanted to tell Jeff that I love him very much. Thanks for 11 wonderful years together. You are my rock and I'm so glad we found eachother!
Now- June 2008
The Curious Savage. "Back by popular demand!...Mrs Savage is committed to an asylum by her spoiled children in their attempt to keep her from giving away their inheritance. Her cunning charm outwits them…her clever, caring heart disarms and heals her new found inmates. A tender, funny comedy by master playwright John Patrick. A sure sell out!" I laughed so hard. It was very well done. Jeff and I went to go see a play on our first date so I thought it would be a fun reminder at what we used to do before kiddos.
The next day we went to the Salt Lake Temple and came home. It was a great way to celebrate and a nice 24 hours away from the kids. I highly reccommend it to anyone who is feeling a little burnt out.
Anyway, I just wanted to tell Jeff that I love him very much. Thanks for 11 wonderful years together. You are my rock and I'm so glad we found eachother!

6 comments:
That sounds like a way fun anniversary! Pete and I kind of plan ours together, but I like the idea of surprising each other. We'll have to do that next year! And that play sounds so funny!
Last year Pete and I did 24 hours away while my mom watched the kids. We did "spa day" and stayed at Destination Inn (a lot like Anniversary Inn). It rocked to get away! We're thinking of doing a trip for our 10 year, you know, like actually leaving the city or something!
I love the before and after pictures! Great idea for the anniversary! Our's is coming up, and it's John's year to plan it. Last year we didn't do anything because we had just moved and had a baby. We figured that was enough big events to cover the anniversary. :) Congratulations!
p.s. A play about the Savages? Yeah, we might have to see that one!
What a great idea, to go to a play. I miss going to those. You're right - kiddos make going to plays a little difficult! I love the before and after pictures. Jeff looks so different than he did 11 years ago, but so does Pete. Whenever I see his missionary picture, I go, who IS that??
Wow, I can't believe you have been married that long! I remember when you got married...I was like what 12? Totally crazy! But, I am glad that you are part of the family! You guys rock!
How fun for you and Jeff. You guys look so cute!
Amy that sounded so nice. What a fun Anniversary. Congratulations! I love the beautiful pictures of you guys!
Post a Comment