Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Look Who's Two!

Katelyn had her second birthday last week. This girl is amazing. She has a personality bigger than her little body and a smile that can make us all join in. She definitely has her opinions about how things should be. The day after her birthday she had her first real temper tantrum, and has had at least one every day since. (I am not making this up people!) So I guess we are in the terrible two's now.

In the morning when she woke up she had no idea what was going on. She saw the balloons and her bike and was having a hard time deciding which one was better. Later in the afternoon she opened up some more presents from her grandma and grandpa H. Then later that night we had cake and ice cream. By this point she had it all figured out and was showing everyone her new baby and pointing to the streamers and decorations and saying, "Birthday!"

Some pictures:

7 comments:

Hill Family said...

Ahhhhh so cute! Happy birthday---2's are better than 3's

Kar said...

I agree with "the hill family" - three is the worst! How fun that she loves her baby doll. I wish Sadie was into dolls, but she will have nothing to do with them! Trucks, cars, and airplanes, all the way!

The Wilson Family said...

Oh I wish I was there! I am sad that I missing out on all the birthdays, holidays, and just whatever days. Can't wait to some see you guys!

Danny's Mom said...

Happy Birthday K. We miss you. We hope you had a great birthday. Kudos to Jeff for getting the bottle out. Like someone wants to go into the store and just steal a baby bottle.

We Miss ya.

Nat said...

Such a cutie! Troy will be 2 in a week and a half-I have no idea what to get him! If you have any ideas...

By the way, my kids have no idea who the Telletubbies are, so they pulled the name of the game out of nowhere.

Sorry about the tantrums. Troy's been a screamer since 1, but he's actually getting better. We'll see as he progresses into two and three, though!

MakingChanges said...

Happy Birthday- late! Looks like a great day! I really can't believe she is so big. Precious videos of K loving her baby.

Lana said...

Amy, I had a lot to catch up on on your blog! So much cute stuff. Tons of good pictures! Happy Birthday to Katelyn, she is a doll. I am so glad Ethan got his cast off, and all your trips looked fabulous! Can't wait to see the pics of the other night!