Saturday, August 9, 2008

Baseball

We are not huge sports fans around here. Ethan has tried soccer, and I played tennis and was on a swim team in my younger days, but that is about as far as it goes. But we decided that it was time to introduce the kids to some sort of more professional sport playing so we went to an Owlz game. (Who am I kidding? Okay we went more because it was cheap, and a fun thing to do with family on a Thursday night.) The kids had minor to no interest in the game, but had fun running around the grass, playing on the playground, eating treats, and throwing the free balls (a giveaway from the game) down the hill. I still think that it was a successful night out and it was fun to get the chance to spend some time with Jeff's family.

8 comments:

Soozee Carmichael said...

I had so much fun at the game just hanging out with you guys! So much fun! I also am not a huge sports fan, but it was fun any ways!

Lana said...

That looked like a lot of fun! I keep telling J.R. that we should go to a game there. I think it always looks very apealing. I hope we go sometime. Cute cute pictures.

Kelly said...

This was a great family activity. We should make it tradition to go to one game every year!

Nat said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Darling Details said...

Looks like I live in the wrong county! Looks like fun! We need to make the trek up there soon.
~Marci

MakingChanges said...

Isn't it such an adventure to do activities like this. We went to a Bee's game last year. The highlight for the kids was after when they were given a used bat by one of the players. (We were on the front row- right above the dugout.) Looks like it was a great time.

Danny's Mom said...

Hi, it looks like you had a great time. How do you doo the multi block thing? I am so glad you set up Heather's blog. I went to it and I can't believe how big he is. I'm jealous that Justin gets to see you guys and I don't.

Kar said...

Fun!! I love summer nights at a baseball game. My kids have zero interest, as well; I really should just go with my hubby-hubster.