Saturday, August 23, 2008

Olympic Dreams

We went swimming at the pool last week with my sister and her family. Before everyone else got there I was testing out some of my old swimming skills and swam a few laps. Upon completion of said laps Jeff looked at me and asked, "So, did you accomplish your Olympic dream?" Hardly! But Erin overheard this and then told me that it was her Olympic dream to jump off the diving board all by herself. So here are some pictures of Erin accomplishing her "Olympic Dream."

6 comments:

Christy said...

Nice swimming hole! You must have good connections! Way to go Erin! Having life experiences like this sure make our kids grown up on us! Isn't it great to watch your kids try new (and sometimes scary) things?

Nat said...

How fun! Maybe someday she'll be an Olympic diver!

I used to be an awesome swimmer when I was littler. My freshman year in college I tried doing a couple of laps and could only go about 10 feet. The lifeguard looked a bit worried.

I need to put my boys in swim lessons!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy... I will be sure to add you when we go private. Thanks for the email address.

Lana said...

That is so cute that she accomplished her Olympic Dream. What a cutie. That is actually very good!!!
I also love Ethan's first day of school shots. I love taking those first day of school pictures. He looks so cute. Noah wants to play soon.
Wheeler Farm looked fun and that is so cute what Ethan said about the milk.
I am proud of you for braving the heat for that second round of swimming lessons. What a good Mom. The kids look like they had a blast and they learned alot.
Dinner was fun last week! Thanks for coming although you had so much going on.

Danny's Mom said...

I can't believe how old she looks. Please send me her picture in front of the door. We miss you guys so much. We haven't played any games since we have been here except for Candy Land and most recently Wack A Mole!

Kar said...

Oh, diving is so scary! She is a brave girl.