Saturday, September 27, 2008

Quacks

I did it! The girls and I went to feed the ducks at the park. While we were there we also played at the playground, rode bikes, and had a picnic lunch all before Erin had to be at school. I really enjoyed letting everything go for a little bit. Katelyn was a bit afraid of the "quacks" at first, but finally threw a few pieces of bread out at the end. I can't blame her- they were totally used to people around and seemed like they might peck your shoes at any moment. Katelyn stayed on her bike; a good defensive move if you ask me.

When we got back I was also able to get the downstairs picked up and vacuumed with K's help- and I also managed to get the dishes under control. I see it as blessings for spending time with my kids. And K also fell asleep for her nap by 2:00- so I had an hour to myself before the school kids came home! It was a great day and I think that I will try it more often.

3 comments:

Nat said...

What cute little nieces I have!!

Kelly said...

What an awesome Mom you are! These little ones grow up to fast. I spend tons of time with Jack, but I need to get out and spend some time with Davis. Thanks for the inspiration!

Jackee said...

So cute. How do you do all those cute pictures? You are an awesome mom.