Thursday, October 30, 2008

Carving Fun

Last night we carved our pumpkins into Jack-o-lanterns. We like to wait until close to Halloween so they don't get all shriveled up for their big night. Erin designed her own and K's was a template thingy. Ethan had the idea to do a Lego Batman and Robin- Jeff helped with the carving. And Jeff's will hopefully win his company pumpkin carving contest- it's a guy who is a little distressed about his phlebotomy. Glowing brain, kinda cool. Anyway, you can all be impressed with the skillz it took to make. I do not have my own pumpkin as I was busy helping to gut and carve the little girls pumpkins.



















Update: Jeff did win the pumpkin carving contest at his work. Prize: $20 to Walmart. Fun times! We were all a little disappointed that he didn't win for the costume though. More on that in a later post.

6 comments:

Talara said...

These are great! How did Ethan do his? I am especially impressed with his. They all look great though. How fun!

Pete said...

Yeah that Lego Batman pumpkin is awesome. Its as if there was a professional artist in the family.....

Unknown said...

Um, ok those are really impressive. We are doing ours tomorrow. They won't be that impressive. The batman thing is amazing. And Jeff's is very cool. You are the jack-o-lantern king and queen of the HOA.

Jackee said...

Loved the pumpkins! They are so much fun and Jeff deserved to win, his is impressive with the glowing brain and all. So cool!

sandy said...

Hey Amy, I am going private and need your e-mail to send you an invite! Thx. Sandy

Kar said...

Judas, those are cool pumpkins! Yeah, I'm in your same boat - too busy helping the kids with theirs to carve my own. Sigh.