So we had so much fun on Halloween, and got WAY to much candy. Earlier in the day I helped with Ethan and Erin's class parties at school. Then there was the Halloween parade when all the kids in the school show off their costumes to all the parents by weaving their way through the gym.

For dinner I made the kids Mummy-Dogs. (Really hot dogs wrapped with crescent roll strips- but very Halloweenie don't you think?) They even had little faces made out of mustard.

Later, the kiddos did the trunk-or-treat for the ward and got to hit up a street in the neighborhood. They insisted that it wasn't really trick-or-treating at the church. We actually had to go knock on doors and get candy too. Needless to say the haul was immense, and we still had candy left that we bought to pass out.
Jeff dressed up as Santa this year. Ethan was a Clone Trooper from Star Wars. Erin was a bad witch with blue hair and had a mean witch cackle. Katelyn was "Tink Bell" because that is the costume that I had in her size from Erin. And I was the anti-Halloween mom who didn't dress up beacuse I don't really like Halloween all that much. But I do pretend for my kids and make sure that they have lots of fun.

This is our Santa-pretty convincing. A few kids were scared of him, but most thought it was cool. One kid even told his mom that the real Santa was passing out candy. Cool! And Katelyn now thinks that her dad is "SaN-Ta" or "Ho-Ho." Hopefully their will not be confusion at Christmas when Santa is supposed to bring gifts. (I am not ready for that yet- we are all still blissfully unaware- :)

Erin and Ethan door-knocking. Or trick-or-treating the "real" way.

I bet you never knew what Tinkerbell's teeth really look like- maybe fairies should brush their teeth too. Katelyn loved "treating" and was sad the next day when she couldn't go again.
4 comments:
I love K's teeth! Ha ha ha, she makes me laugh! She's so cute! Love the pics and it looks like y'all had fun! Thanks for Saturday, it was so much fun!
They look so cute! I really missed trunk or treat this year. Our new ward doesn't have one. Oh and have I told you how I miss having you guys as neighbors? You guys should move here.
I love your mummy hot dog idea! I'll have to remember that for next year. That's awesome that Jeff was Santa! Our ward didn't do a trunk-or-treat this year, and it sucked to walk around the block with the kids! Maybe I should crash some other ward's trunk-or-treat next year!
You're kids all look so cute! I know whose kid thought he was the real Santa... Well, having older children, I'm not a fan of the trunk or treat thing. I prefer the real thing that I grew up with and my kids like knocking doors better, too.
Post a Comment