skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Yesterday, Erin wanted to learn to ride her bike two wheels. She's had her training wheels up high for a while, but they were still keeping her from biffing it on sharp turns. So yesterday I took them off. (Somehow this is the second time of mom teaching the kids to ride without training wheels. Jeff must be smarter than me and gets to avoid all the backaches and running- or I am the one home at the right moment?) She was doing okay, but only made it a few feet before she put her feet down. Today, however, was a whole different story. After taking her little pink bike out with not much success, I wondered if it might be easier for her to ride on a bigger bike. (You know- where her knees weren't so close to the handlebars with every pedal...) Maybe bigger tires would equal more stability. So we busted out Ethan's old classic-- and away she went. Her first solo ride lasted 15 feet. But she kept improving. In a matter of 20 minutes she was riding around the park like a pro. She still needs help getting started, but it took Ethan a while on that one too. So we officially have two two-wheel riding kids in the house now!
4 comments:
So totally awesome! I love it when they figure out how to ride and stay balanced! I know what she's going to want to do first thing in the morning!...and all day!
Way to go Erin!
Way to go Erin!!
How exciting!
I can't believe she doesn't need training wheels! way to go
Post a Comment