Thursday, October 23, 2008

Weekend Getaway

Since the older kids had no school for a few days, we decided to brave the trip to Idaho Falls to visit B & Nat's family for the weekend. It has been three years since the last time we all made it up together. We had a great time chatting, chasing cousins Jake, Brock, Troy and Ivy, eating yummy food, going to the zoo and park, staying up way too late, and enjoying the unusually warm weather. Thanks so much to B and Nat for being so hospitable and accommodating. I know it isn't always easy to take on 5 extra people! We had a blast!

And for your reading pleasure- the infamous knock knock jokes told by Ethan and Erin for hours and hours on the way home:

"Knock, Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Kentucky."
"Kentucky who?"
"Kentucky Fried Chicken, that's who."

"Knock, Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Freep."
"Freep who?"
"Free poo, no thanks!"

"Knock, Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Boo."
"Boo who?"
"Don't cry, it's just a joke."

They found these so hilarious they just kept repeating them over and over (even though we didn't even eat at KFC, or get free poo).

3 comments:

Jackee said...

What??? You didn't eat at KFC?

Nat said...

Dude, I really will blog about this. But Pete's on the "big computer", where the pics are at. Grr. So it may be, like, Tuesday, before I get to it. Thanks for coming up, and thanks for the recipe-I'm going to try it this week! We had a blast with you guys!

Kar said...

Hahaha! I haven't ever heard the Free Poo one! I'll have to tell Dylan. He'll love it! I need to post my pics on my blog so you can steal 'em - sorry... it's been busy. And I love that pic of Jake, where he's doing his trademark pointing move. :)