Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lagoon

About a month ago it was Jeff's company party at Lagoon. Jeff and I hadn't been for 9 years, and we had never taken the kids. We all had a great time. Ethan was tall enough to ride everything in the park. Jeff and I took turns taking Ethan on all the big coasters while the other one took the girls on some smaller rides in kiddie land. Erin was a great big sister and rode with KK on the little rides. She said she was glad she wasn't tall enough to do some of the big rides so she could be with K. What a sweetie!
Things we learned at Lagoon:

* Erin is afraid of heights. (Ferris wheels are scary!)
* Katelyn makes awesome faces on roller coasters, and then asks to go again.
* Ethan is a daredevil and will do anything at least twice.
* The haunted house was creepy and lame.
* Katelyn will ride the ladybug bop all day while giggling if allowed.
* 70 degree weather makes for really long lines.
* Being dropped from 217 feet in the air is really fun for mom and Ethan.
* Twelve hours wasn't long enough to do everything we wanted.
* Katelyn likes riding chickens on the merry-go-round.
* Funnel cakes are yummy.
* Getting soaking wet on the second ride of the day was not ideal for Jeff. Ethan loved it though.

4 comments:

Rob, Adrienne, Sam, Ada and Tony said...

I love Lagoon! Such a fun amusement park!

Nat said...

I'm very jealous! Not enough to drive for three hours down and three back, but I'm thinking in a couple of years we'll be making that trip with our kids. It sounds like it was way fun!

Kar said...

Oh, I LOVE Lagoon. How fun. I haven't been in ages. Someday...

The Wilson Family said...

OK I love those pictures! And I love your new blog design....very very cool. You are funny with the nicknames of everyone. Lagoon looks perfect for the kiddos!