Monday, October 5, 2009

Killa Cam Returns

At the beginning of August Jeff surprised me with a plane ticket to KY. My baby brother, Cameron, was returning from his two year LDS mission in Oakland, CA. I was not even thinking of going since it would be so expensive to fly. Jeff found a great deal and sent me on my way. He took care of the house and kids for 4 days while I was gone. (He is a total keeper!) It was so much fun being home with my parents, sisters, and little bro. (We missed you Justin!) The best part was getting to spend some quality time with Cameron as an adult. I left for college when he started second grade, so we really didn't get to know each other well as kids. We stayed up late watching movies, playing the Wii, talking, and debriefing from missionary mode. I will always remember those few days and nights we had to just hang out with no distractions from little kids. Even though I was severely sleep deprived when I got home- it was a really good trip.

Fast forward a month- Cameron and my dad drive out from KY to check Cam back into BYU-I. We got to spend a great few days with them before Labor Day. My kids were all over Uncle Cameron. I think he was very ready to get off to college and not be swarmed by kids anymore. We followed them up to Ogden and got to see my grandparents and Uncle Clayton for a bit on Saturday too. It was a great visit. Thanks dad for all the cookies- and we can't wait to see Cam again soon.



4 comments:

Christy said...

glad to see they had their 'stash' of necessary Dr. Pepper in the back seat! :) That'll make for lots of potty stops!

Nat said...

That's so fun that you got to hang out with your little bro! If you're ever in the mood to visit him, or us, you're welcome to come and stay with us!

Kar said...

I didn't know you had a brother that age! It's weird to think that I started college when my youngest sister was 8. I look back at pictures of me in college, and she is teeny, and it's so weird.

Unknown said...

Very cute pictures.....I haven't been keeping up with the blogs lately, holy cow, lots of new posts! Fun for me :o)