Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Adventures in Kindergarten

Erin's first day of kindergarten was Monday. Since we have a new school, there was no bus ride for her. Instead K and I walked her to school and into the classroom. She was so excited to wear her Hannah Montana light blue backpack; and she has had her first two days of school outfits picked out for over a month now. When I picked her up from school she was excited to tell me that she had made two new friends and her teacher, Mrs. Holyoak, is so nice. Her first homework assignment was to decorate a paper doll cutout to look like her. Immediately after getting home we had to do this- she couldn't wait. I love her excitement and enthusiasm! Ethan was bummed that I went to pick up Erin as this is his new "job" everyday- to walk Erin home from school, but I couldn't miss seeing her on the first day. It only happens once!
Erin standing outside her classroom door- all ready to start kindergarten!
Erin on the classroom rug. Of course she picked a light blue square to sit on!
Ethan, Erin, and K after meeting at school and walking home together. K insisted on walking her baby in the stroller.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

What an exciting day for Erin. I love that she is such a girl. It is so important to have outfits all picked out for school!!!!

Nat said...

So fun! That's awesome that her school is so close they can walk. She's 5 going on 15, huh? I always picked out my first day of school outfits out way in advance, too. Jakob just threw on whatever.

Jennifer said...

How fun for Erin! She is so grown up. Molly will be so jelous that she gets to go to actual school!

Kar said...

That is so great that Ethan is actually excited about walking his little sister home. What a good brother.

Soozee Carmichael said...

I love your kids! They are so cute! I can't believe how big they are now! I love the bottom pic with all three of them! SO CUTE!

Hill Family said...

Congrats Erin! I can't believe she's in kindergarten already! Amazing you guys have 2 kids in school. Very cute that Ethan is so excited to take care of his sister